- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Laheurte will play the role of Remi Ochlik, the legendary French photographer killed in February 2012 alongside Sunday Times journalist Marie Colvin (played by Pike) in Syria. Ochlik covered major conflicts around the world, from Haiti and Egypt to Tunisia and Libya.
A Private War is being produced by Basil Iwanyk and Charlize Theron via their respective Thunder Road Pictures and Denver & Delilah banners. The script was adapted by Arash Amel and is based on a Vanity Fair article about Colvin’s dramatic life as a war correspondent. Colvin covered every major conflict of the last three decades, including the Sri Lankan civil war, where she was severely injured and lost an eye; the Arab Spring; and finally the war in Syria, where she died in a rocket attack while reporting from Homs.
CAA packaged A Private War and is repping the film’s domestic rights. Laheurte is repped by Management Production Entertainment and Agence Adequat.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Universal Music Group