- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jeremy Irons is in final negotiations to join the cast of Beautiful Creatures, Alcon’s adaptation of the young adult novel by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl.
Irons joins a cast that includes Viola Davis, Emma Thompson, Emmy Rossum, Thomas Mann and relative newcomers Jack O’Connell and Alice Englert.
The latter duo are the centerpiece of the coming-of-age story about two star-crossed teens — one a local boy, the other a mysterious new girl — who uncover dark secrets about their families, their history and their town.
Irons will play the role of Macon Ravenwood, the mysterious and recluse uncle of Englert’s character named Lena.
Richard LaGravanese wrote the adaptation and is directing.
Irons stars in Showtime’s period drama The Borgias, which returns for a second season in April. Film-wise, he was last seen in Margin Call and will next be seen in CBS Films’ The Words, which stars Bradley Cooper and Olivia Wilde.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Writers Guild of America