- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jeremy Strong has found his next role in Jonas Salk, the famed virologist that developed the widely-used polio vaccine.
Strong will play the famed researcher in the feature Splendid Solution from Bron Studios and 21 Laps.
The project is based on Jeffrey Kluger’s New York Times best-selling novel of the same name, which follows Salk as he begins his polio research and his eventual discovery of a vaccine that he purposefully did not patent and was then used for decades to innoculate against the virus. Gillian Weeks will pen the screenplay.
Shawn Levy and Dan Levine will produce on behalf of 21 Laps, along with Aaron L. Gilbert, who will produce on behalf of Bron. Strong will executive produce, along with Bron’s Brady Fujikawa and Ashley Levinson.
Becca Edelman and Emily Feher will oversee the project on behalf of 21 Laps; Jared Kramer will oversee on behalf of the studio Bron.
Strong was last seen in Aaron Sorkin’s The Trial of the Chicago 7 and is currently filming the next season of Succession, the hit HBO show that recently earned the actor an Emmy. His other feature credits include The Big Short, Selma, Zero Dark Thirty and Lincoln
Strong is repped by WME and Sugar 23. Gillian Weeks is repped by The Gersh Agency and Management 360.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day