- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jerry Seinfeld will tackle a feature comedy about iconic breakfast pastry Pop-Tarts for Netflix.
Seinfeld will direct, produce and star in Unfrosted, which is inspired by a bit in his last stand-up special, 2020’s 23 Hours to Kill, about the origins of the Pop-Tart.
He co-wrote the comedy with Spike Feresten and Barry Marder, both of whom worked on Seinfeld’s animated feature Bee Movie.
Netflix and Seinfeld have previously worked together on the interview series Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee, as well as two comedy specials, including 23 Hours to Kill and 2017’s Jerry Before Seinfeld. The streamer also landed worldwide rights to sitcom Seinfeld in a five-year deal worth $500 million, with the series hitting the service later this year.
Production is set to start on Unfrosted next spring.
Seinfeld is repped by CAA, Shapiro/West and Greenberg Traurig.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day