- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jessica Chastain is in talks to star in part two of New Line’s adaptation of Stephen King’s It.
The second installment focuses on the adult versions of the characters subjected to the terror of demon clown Pennywise, and Chastain will play the grown-up version of Beverly, the girl in the misfit group. Sophia Lillis played the character in last year’s movie, which became a surprise phenomenon.
Gary Dauberman is in the midst of writing the script, and Andy Muschietti is returning as director.
Bill Skarsgård will return as Pennywise.
It: Chapter 2 is set to be released Sept. 6, 2019.
Chastain has been linked to the second installment since the first one opened. Muschietti and the two-time Oscar-nominated actress have had a mutual admiration ever since they worked together on the 2013 horror hit Mama, and Chastain was to have appeared in a post-credit sequence for It that was ultimately scrapped.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day