- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
What happens when you cross The Mask, Fire Marshall Bill Burns and the 20th century’s foremost spokesperson for gun rights?
Jim Carrey as a very disturbed Charlton Heston.
In a new spoof video for Funny or Die, the rubber-faced funnyman impersonates the baritone acting legend-turned-NRA spokesman with a special country song that plays the age-old trick of equating a love of guns with the need to compensate for a lack of…something else.
Quoth Carrey as country crooner Lonesome Earl singing to “Heston” in the skit: “Your chariot may not be swinging low.”
Other highlights include Earl flipping the bird and being backed by a band comprised of Gandhi, Abraham Lincoln and John Lennon.
In a statement that accompanied the video’s release, Carrey said simply, “I find the gun problem frustrating and ‘Cold Dead Hand’ is my fun little way of expressing that frustration.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day