- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jim Sturgess will star opposite Kate Beckinsale in Eliza Graves, the psychological thriller from Nu Image/Millennium.
Brad Anderson, who helmed the Halle Berry thriller The Call, is directing the tale, which is loosely based on one of Edgar Allan Poe’s early works, an 1845 short story titled The System of Doctor Tarr and Professor Fether.
Sturgess will star as a Harvard Medical School grad who takes a job a mental institution which the inmates have taken over and are posing as doctors. He becomes obsessed with the title character (Beckinsale), one of the patients.
A June 21 production start date in Bulgaria is penciled in.
Producing are Bruce Davey, Mel Gibson, Mark Amin, Cami Winikoff and Oren Peli.
David Higgins,Christa Campbell and Lati Grobman are executive producing. Joe Gangemi wrote the script.
Sturgess was one of the stars of the Andy and Lana Wachowski’s sci-fi epic Cloud Atlas and will next be seen alongside Geoffrey Rush in Giuseppe Tornatore’s The Best Offer as well as the thriller Ashes with Luke Evans and Ray Winstone. He also recently wrapped a starring turn in crime drama The Electric Slide.
Sturgess is repped by CAA, Megan Willis at Garricks and Hansen Jacobson.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day