- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Crazy Rich Asians star has joined Blumhouse’s feature adaptation of the popular ABC TV series about a magical, wish-fulfilling island.
The movie will follow a group of guests who are warned by the island’s overseer, Mr. Roarke (Michael Pena), that their fantasies may not play out how the expect.
Yang will play Brax, a guest who travels to the island with his older adoptive brother with the wish of “having it all.” What the mild-mannered Brax doesn’t realize is that when you have it all, there is someone who wants what you have.
Jeff Wadlow, who worked with Blumhouse on the recent horror release Truth or Dare, is attached to direct from a script he is writing with Chris Roach and Jillian Jacobs.
Blumhouse and Sony will co-finance and co-produce. Wadlow also will executive produce along with Blumhouse’s Couper Samuelson. Ryan Turek will oversee for Blumhouse and Matt Milam will oversee for Sony.
Yang, who earlier this year released the book How to American: An Immigrant’s Guide to Disappointing Your Parents, is a series regular on HBO’s Silicon Valley, playing fan-favorite Jian-Yang. He is repped by WME and Artists First.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day