- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone are starring in the Summit film, which is a modern take on the Hollywood musical, following a jazz pianist (Gosling) who falls for an aspiring actress (Stone) in Los Angeles. But as success mounts, they are faced with decisions that begin to fray the fabric of their love affair.
Jessica Rothe, Sonoya Mizuno and Callie Hernandez also recently joined the project to play Stone’s character’s three roommates. Simmons will play a character called “Boss.”
Fred Berger, Gary Gilbert, Jordan Horowitz and Marc Platt are producing the film. Summit will release the film on July 15, 2016.
Chazelle was interested in making La La Land before he made Whiplash, the drumming thriller starring Miles Teller and Simmons that took Sundance by storm and went on to win three Oscars. Simmons’ work as the terrifying jazz instructor earned him a slew of awards including an Oscar, Golden Globe, SAG Award, BAFTA Award and Indie Spirit prize.
Simmons upcoming projects include The Accountant with Ben Affleck and The Lake with Sullivan Stapleton. He’s repped by Gersh.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day