- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
If the time-travel logistics of Terminator Genisys confuse you, then perhaps you should take your lead from J.K. Simmons in the new international TV spot for this summer’s revival of the cyborg sci-fi franchise.
“I want to help you — I do — but I gotta understand,” a flustered Simmons tells Emilia Clarke‘s Sarah Connor in the spot. “I know what’s going on here has to be really, really complicated.”
Considering that Alan Taylor‘s movie rewrites the timeline of the previous movies by inserting a Terminator before the events of James Cameron‘s original 1984 installment, Simmons might be understating matters. But Clarke has an easy summary: “We’re here to stop the end of the world.”
The new spot is the first chance audiences get to see Simmons in the movie, where he plays a detective looking into Connor’s admittedly surreal existence. Previous footage has (understandably, perhaps) focused on Arnold Schwarzenegger, Clarke and Jai Courtney‘s Kyle Reese. Following his Academy Award win for best supporting actor in the movie Whiplash, however, it only makes sense to showcase his involvement — plus, his frazzled character gives the movie a sense of fun that earlier trailers had lacked.
Terminator Genisys will be released in theaters July 1.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
the banshees of inisherin