- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Joaquin Phoenix and M. Night Shyamalan, who worked together on the filmmaker’s 2002 alien invasion hit Signs, are reuniting for a new thriller, this one being produced by genre maven Jason Blum.
Phoenix is in negotiations to star in the untitled project which Shyamalan will direct, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
In keeping with Shyamalan tradition, plot details are being kept secret.
The project, however, is said to be supernatural in nature and on a more modest scale. Blum is known for his lower-budgeted fright films, and both he and Shyamalan are coming off of collaborating on The Visit, a found-footage movie which the filmmaker directed and that opens Sept. 11.
Phoenix currently can be seen in Woody Allen’s latest, Irrational Man.
Blum is behind one of the summer’s solid performers, the thriller The Gift.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Santa Barbara International Film Festival