- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Joe Dante (Gremlins, The Hole), Xavier Gens (Hitman) and Timo Vuorensola have signed on to direct chapters of Fear Paris, described as a genre-bending tapestry of interconnected stories exploring the dark underbelly of the City of Lights.
The film is a combination of fantasy, horror and science fiction. Casting is underway, with the film heading into production during the latter half of this year. Two additional directors are expected to join the lineup soon.
Untitled Entertainment’s Laura Rister and Bleiberg Entertainment’s Ehud Bleiberg are producing the film alongside Vicarious Entertainment’s Steven Schneider and Instinctive Film’s Darryn Welch.
Tony Noble (Moon) is the production designer, while Kristyan Mallet (Pirates of the Caribbean, Harry Potter) is on board for special effects makeup and prosthetics.
The project will mark a collaboration between the companies behind the visual effects for Hugo (Pixomondo) and Gravity (Prime Focus). Richard Raaphorst (Frankenstein’s Army) is the concept designer.
WME Global and Rister will handle North American rights.
Gens is repped by Paradigm and Anonymous Content. Dante is handled by Gersh and Echo Lake Management. Vuorensola is represented by WME and Industry Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day