- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Joel David Moore has joined the cast of Savages, which Oliver Stone is directing for Universal Pictures.
Blake Lively, Taylor Kitsch, Aaron Johnson, Salma Hayek, Benicio del Toro, John Travolta, Uma Thurman and Emile Hirsch also star in the crime drama based on the 2010 novel written by Don Winslow. Moore is taking on the role of an expert computer geek who moves on from a Washington think tank to the marijuana business.
Winslow adapted the screenplay with Shane Salerno and Stone. Moritz Borman and Eric Kopeloff are producing. Universal exec Tracy Falco is overseeing the project for the studio.
Repped by Innovative Artists and Underground Management, Moore has recently appeared in the films Janie Jones, Avatar and Beyond a Reasonable Doubt. He will next be seen in Relativity’s Shark Night 3D in September and the Summit thriller Gone in February.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day