- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Joel Edgerton, one of the brightest up-and-coming actors in star-starved Hollywood, has branched into screenwriting, selling a spec script titled One Night Stand to New Regency.
A drama with comedic elements, the script is described as an honest look at a man and a woman in the aftermath of a one night stand.
The deal, which also sees Edgerton exec producing, occurred late last year. He is not attached to star.
Regency, now with Brad Weston as CEO and Carla Hacken as production president, is said to be high on the script and will start meeting with directors in the coming weeks.
Australian-born Edgerton last year starred in Universal’s The Thing as well as Lionsgate’s mixed martial arts drama Warrior, and was on the casting lists for many of the town’s hottest projects. This year he toplines with Jennifer Garner the Disney movie The Odd Life of Timothy Green and has one of the key roles in Baz Lurhmann’s adaptation of The Great Gatsby.
He is repped by CAA, Australia’s Shanahan Management, and Hirch Wallerstein.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day