- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Joel Kinnaman is in early talks to step into the role vacated by Tom Hardy in Suicide Squad.
Will Smith, Margot Robbie and Jared Leto are starring in the movie, with David Ayer directing. Jai Courtney and Cara Delevingne are also part of the cast of the Warner Bros. project based on the DC Entertainment characters.
Hardy was to have played Rick Flagg, the leader of the group that consists of Batman villains Deadshot (Smith), Joker (Leto) and Harley Quinn (Robbie), plus Boomerang (Courtney) and Enchantress (Delevingne).
Hardy dropped out in mid-January ostensibly over scheduling reasons. But script issues were also a factor. When the movie was being initially cast, the actors were signing on without actually having read the screenplay, as it was still being written.
Joel Edgerton and Jon Bernthal are other actors that were being considered for the role, according to sources, but Kinnaman appears to be the choice at this stage.
??Insiders caution that any deal being discussed could fall apart.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day