- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
If a deal is finalized, the move would reteam Kinnaman with Daniel Espinosa, who directed him in the Swedish breakout Snabba Cash.
Child 44 is set during the 1950s and follows a member of the Soviet military police (Hardy) who, while investigating a series of child murders, finds himself the target of his own government’s suspicions.
Kinnaman would play Hardy’s ambitious and murderous nemesis. Rapace is playing Hardy’s chameleon-like wife.
Richard Price wrote the script adapting the Tom Rob Smith novel.
Worldview Entertainment is closing in on a deal to co-finance and executive produce the film with Summit Entertainment, and a summer production start is being eyed. Elishia Holmes is exec producing.
Kinnaman continues to be very much in-demand as the dealmaking occurs a week after he signed on to star as Liam Neeson’s son in Warner Bros.’ crime thriller All Nighter, formerly titled Run All Night. He is also reprising his breakout role as a Seattle police detective for the third season of AMC’s thriller The Killing, which will shoot later this year.
Kinnaman is repped by UTA, Magnolia Entertainment and Hansen Jacobson.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day