- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Joey Ramone is getting the big screen treatment, and he has the poster to prove it.
The new poster for CBGB, which is exclusive to The Hollywood Reporter, teases the portrayal of the Ramones frontman by Joel David Moore. Moore takes up the late musician’s mantle in the film, which tells the story of New York’s punk scene through the lens of CBGB.
The club, which closed in 2008, was owned by Hilly Kristal (played by Alan Rickman in the film), who launched it in the 1970s. After shifting its focus from country, bluegrass and blues, the club eventually became an early home to pioneering acts such as Blondie, Talking Heads, and the Ramones.
Randall Miller directed the film and co-wrote the script with Jody Savin. The film’s cast includes Malin Akerman, whose poster THR debuted Thursday, as well as Ashley Greene, Johnny Galecki, Joel David Moore, Stana Katic, Rupert Grint and Taylor Hawkins. CBGB’s producers say it contains 50 songs and 16 on-camera performance.
Miller and Savin’s Unclaimed Freight Productions is producing, along with former senior vp of Warner/Chappell Music Brad Rosenberger and Kristal’s daughter, Lisa Kristal Burgman.
THR will be debuting exclusive CBGB posters every day through Monday.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day