- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Oscar-winning producer John Battsek (One Day in September, Searching for Sugar Man) has left Passion Pictures after two decades to help launch Ventureland as a Los Angeles and London-based film and TV company.
Kerstin Emhoff, Ali Brown and Paul Hunter of indie producer Prettybird are also behind Ventureland. a multiplatform producer of content across the documentary and scripted spaces.
“Over the past decade of collaboration I have admired Kerstin’s leadership, drive and ambition and I am thrilled to now be partnering with her and the Ventureland team,” Battsek said in a statement.
Battsek and Emhoff produced Manhunt: the Inside Story of the Hunt for Bin Laden and The Tillman Story. Emhoff, Brown and Hunter at Prettybird have a roster of talent that includes Melina Matsoukas, Tim & Eric, The Daniels and Janicza Bravo.
Battsek co-founded Passion Pictures Films in 1999 with Andrew Ruhemann and together they also produced documentaries like Restrepo and Winter on Fire.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day