- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
John Boyega is happy to don his Star Wars costume for a good cause.
The Force Awakens star distributed toys from the latest film to sick children at The Royal London Hospital in London, on behalf of the charity Rays of Sunshine.
He did so alongside Daniel Bell, a 5-year-old boy who was diagnosed with a brain tumor and wished to meet the actor while sharing the gifts.
“Rather than having Finn to himself he wanted Finn to meet the kids at the Royal London hospital and give them some toys,” said Boyega while sharing photos on Instagram on Monday morning. “I stayed in character while I was with this brave boy asking him what a car was. He taught Finn about everything earth related! Really thankful for the opportunity this child granted me and I’m just humbled! I hope I played a little part in making you smile young stormtrooper.”
See the photos below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
‘Barbie’ Production Prompted International Shortage of Pink Paint for Greta Gerwig’s Film
‘Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse’ Star Shameik Moore Says He Would Put His “Entire Being” Into Playing Miles Morales in Live-Action
‘Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse’ Star Hailee Steinfeld Talks Gwen’s Emotional Story and Live-Action Spider-Woman Possibilities