- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
John Carney — the director behind critically acclaimed musical dramas Sing Street and Once — has set his next feature, which will include music from legendary composer George Gershwin.
Fascinating Rhythm, which is being sold by Endeavor Content, is described as a young woman’s magical journey through past and present New York City, inspired by the life and music of Gershwin, whose classic compositions include An American in Paris and “I Got Rhythm.”
Carney will direct from a script he co-wrote with Chris Cluess.
Irwin Winkler and Martin Scorsese will produce the feature. The Gershwin estate is also on board for the musical drama.
Carney, repped by WME and Casarotto, is behind the Amazon anthology series Modern Love, which will soon have its second-season premiere.
Cluess is repped by Bruce Brown, Scorsese by LBI Entertainment and WME, and Winkler by Bloom Hergott.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Writers Guild of America