- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Bumblebee actor is in early talks for a role in the Warner Bros. superhero follow-up that is being written and directed by James Gunn.
If a deal is made, Cena would join the already announced cast of Idris Elba and Margot Robbie, who will be reprising her role as Harley Quinn. It is not currently known what role Cena would play.
Warner Bros. had no comment on the casting.
Suicide Squad, which has a Aug. 6, 2021, release date, will mark the first comic book movie for the WWE star turned actor.
Cena was last in theaters with Travis Knight’s Transformers spinoff Bumblebee and the Kay Cannon comedy Blockers. His upcoming features include voice-starring in The Voyage of Doctor Dolittle and the Paramount family film Playing With Fire.
Cena is repped by ICM.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Palm Springs international film festival