- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Star Trek 3 will have a different director from the first two, but one of the franchise’s stars is confident that they’re in good hands.
John Cho, who plays Hikaru Sulu in the films, took part in a Reddit AMA, where he fielded questions about the upcoming Roberto Orci-directed film. J.J. Abrams directed the first two movies but has moved on to helm Star Wars: Episode VII.
“I’m absolutely confident in Bob,” Cho said. “No one knows these characters better than Bob. And no one knows the Star Trek universe better than Bob.”
Orci co-wrote and produced the first two films. He is writing the new one with J.D. Payne and Patrick McKay.
“I think he’s going to blow people away,” Cho continued about Orci. Cho, who currently stars on ABC’s Selfie, declined to reveal any details about the film’s plot but pointed out that he recently took part in a costume fitting for it.
Paramount is eyeing a 2016 release.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day