- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
After diving into the world of sci-fi with Christopher Nolan’s Tenet, actor John David Washington is ready for more. Washington will star in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story director Gareth Edwards’ upcoming sci-fi movie True Love for New Regency, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The plot is being kept under wraps, but the film is set in the near future and is from an original idea from Edwards, who will write and direct. Rogue One‘s Kiri Hart will produce along with Edwards. The latter made his debut with the 2010 indie Monsters, and went on to helm 2014’s Godzilla for Warner Bros. and Legendary before zooming into a galaxy far, far away. He is repped by WME, Curtis Brown, Range and Ziffren Law.
Washington, who rose to prominence with HBO’s Ballers and Spike Lee’s BlacKkKlansman, has an untitled David O. Russell film coming up from New Regency. He is repped by WME.
New Regency, which will finance True Love, has an upcoming slate that includes Adrian Lyne’s Deep Water, starring Ben Affleck and Ana de Armas, and Everybody’s Talking About Jamie.
Deadline first reported the news.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day