- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
John Leguizamo is in negotiations to join Ride Along, Universal’s action comedy starring Ice Cube and Kevin Hart.
A sort of comedic Training Day, the story centers on a risk-averse second-grade teacher plans on marrying the girl of his dreams but first must accompany his overprotective future brother-in-law, a tough cop, on a ride-along from hell.
Leguizamo will play an undercover cop.
Tim Story is directing the project, which is being produced by Cube and his CubeVision partner Matt Alvarez as well as Larry Brezner and William Packer.
Leguizamo recently wrapped shooting The Counselor, Ridley Scott’s all-star drug drama with Brad Pitt and Javier Bardem in the cast and is currently shooting Kick-Ass 2. He is repped by UTA, The Collective and Sloane Offer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Santa Barbara International Film Festival