- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
John Malkovich is in negotiations to play the baddie in Warm Bodies, Summit’s adaptation of the zombie-centered book by Isaac Marion.
Jonathan Levine (50/50, The Wackness) is directing the story, which, in a tone similiar to Twilight meets Shaun of the Dead, follows an existentially tormented zombie named R that begins an unlikely friendship with the human girlfriend of one of his victims. The blossoming relationship begins to flower the zombie’s dormant humanity.
The film is being produced by Bruna Papanadrea through her Make Movies banner and Mandevill’s David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman.
Executive producing areLaurie Webb and Cori Shepherd Stern.
WME-repped Malkovich was seen in Transformers: Dark of the Moon and worked for Summit in 2010’s action movie Red, the comic book adaptation starring Bruce Willis.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Ellen DeGeneres Show