- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
John Wick: Chapter Three officially has a release date.
Lionsgate will release Summit’s third installment of the Keanu Reeves shooter franchise on May 17, 2019. It is the film series’ first summer release. No plot details have yet been unveiled for the upcoming threequel.
John Wick: Chapter Three is currently the only studio project with that release date. Earlier that month, Disney will unveil a new Avengers movie and Sony’s TriStar will release its adaptation of The Rosie Project, while Disney’s Aladdin reimagining and Warner Bros.’ Minecraft will be released afterward.
The R-rated action series stars Reeves as a no-holds-barred ex-hitman who comes out of retirement to get retribution on gangsters who took away everything he loved. Chapter 2 found Wick fighting off bounty hunters seeking the large prize placed on his head.
Directed by David Leitch and Chad Stahelski, John Wick debuted in October 2014 and grossed $88 million worldwide. The sequel, helmed by Stahelski, grossed $171 million globally upon its release in February of this year.
Screenwriter Derek Kolstad, who wrote the first two films, will return to pen the third installment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day