- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In case John Wick: Chapter Two isn’t enough dog-friendly gunplay for you in 2017, here’s an early holiday present: Dynamite Entertainment on Wednesday announced that it will be publishing a comic book series inspired by the Keanu Reeves vehicle next spring.
Dynamite CEO and Publisher Nick Barrucci said in a statement that the original Wick was “such an exciting film, mixing martial arts action with snappy dialogue and smart writing,” adding, “As the credits rolled, you were left wanting more, and it was obvious that they had the makings of a franchise. We were quick to pursue the opportunity to develop a comic book series, and are thrilled to have been granted the rights to tell all-new stories with the character!”
The series will join Dynamite’s James Bond and other licensed titles based on movie and television properties. March will see the launch of a new Nancy Drew & The Hardy Boys title that recasts the characters in a noir setting.
Details on the creative team and launch date for Dynamite’s John Wick comics will be announced in the coming months, according to the publisher. Concept artwork and designs by Giovanni Valletta were released to accompany Wednesday’s announcement.
John Wick: Chapter Two is set to be released in theaters Feb. 10.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day