- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
When Captain Jack Sparrow isn’t plundering for treasure or chugging rum, he’s hanging out at children’s hospitals.
And as the beloved captain, he’s confused by modern technology and customs — in the video below, he asks one child while posing for a photo, “Now, if there’s other people in it, why do you call it a ‘selfie‘?”
Stephen Graham also stopped by as Depp’s loyal admirer, Scrum.
The two actors landed in a helicopter on the hospital’s rooftop to spend over three hours with the patients and their families, says the Children’s Hospital Foundation, which helped coordinate the special visit. The fifth installment of the Disney franchise is filming on the Gold Coast.
“I’ll just sneak in and go and surprise a bunch of kiddies through the different wards,” Depp previously told E! of visiting children’s hospitals while in character. “It basically turns into a two-, three-hour improvisation and it’s really fun. So I travel with Captain Jack.”
See video and photos from the visit below.
Watch the beautiful moment Johnny Depp aka Captain Jack Sparrow took some time out of his busy schedule to visit sick children at a Brisbane hospital!(Video credit: Juiced)#Today9
Posted by TODAY on Tuesday, July 7, 2015
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Zurich Film Festival
Santa Barbara International Film Festival