- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Cash-strapped Johnny Depp managed to unload all five of his apartments in downtown L.A.’s Eastern Columbia building, an art deco jewel where he and ex-wife Amber Heard once nested. But the Pirates of the Caribbean star did leave something behind in a corner penthouse: a pirate ship-shaped chandelier hanging over the entranceway.
Currently on the market as a rental for $7,500 per month, the 2-bedroom, 3-bathroom condo (the second one to sell out of the five) features a shimmering pirate ship-shaped chandelier hanging from the ceiling at the entrance, a nod to his blockbuster franchise. It is understood to have been a wedding present to Depp and Heard, who split in the summer 2016.
“The pirate ship chandelier is a great conversation piece to have if you’re living there,” says realtor Bill Cooper of Pacific Union International. Cooper, who has been downtown for 15 years and serves as president of L.A.’s Downtown Real Estate Association, is listing the property.
There’s more: Depp also left behind a giant vault door that connected two of the units on the second floor.
A version of this story first appeared in the Dec. 18 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day