- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lionsgate and OddLot Entertainment will open Johnny Depp‘s Mortdecai on Feb. 6, 2015.
News of the release date comes amid dismal news for Depp’s latest film, Transcendence. The $100 million sci-fi epic opened to $11 million last weekend in North America, marking the third big-budget disappointment in a row for the actor.
Mortdecai, costing far less to make, stars Depp opposite Ewan McGregor, Gwyneth Paltrow, Olivia Munn and Paul Bettany. Directed by David Koepp, the action comedy stars Depp as a rakish art dealer on the run from the Russian mob.
The movie is the first film to be distributed by Lionsgate via its new deal with OddLot, which produced Mortdecai alongside Depp’s company An Infinitum and Mad Chance.
Mortdecai opens opposite Liam Neeson action movie Run All Night and fantasy epic Seventh Son, starring Jeff Bridges and Julianne Moore.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day