- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Bruce Wayne has a new dad.
After Alec Baldwin exited the role last month, Brett Cullen is stepping into the shoes of Thomas Wayne in Warner Bros.’ Joker movie. Joaquin Phoenix is playing the title character in stand-alone focusing on the Batman villain.
The news comes a day after director Todd Phillips revealed the first look as Phoenix as the future super villain (sans-makeup). The actor leads a cast that includes Robert De Niro, Deadpool 2‘s Zazie Beetz and Glow actor Marc Maron.
Cullen has experience with comic book films, having appeared in 2007’s Ghost Rider and 2012’s The Dark Knight Rises. On the small screen, he’s had roles on Person of Interest, Queen of the South and Narcos.
Joker, which is filming now, is described as a crime drama that will not be part of the continuity of DC’s other films, such as Aquaman and Wonder Woman.
Comicbook.com first reported the news of Cullen’s casting.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day