- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Comedian and podcaster Marc Maron is heading to the world of DC Comics.
Maron is in talks to join Joaquin Phoenix in Warner Bros.’ upcoming Joker stand-alone movie, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The Glow star would join Robert De Niro, Zazie Beetz and Frances Conroy in the origin story from The Hangover helmer Todd Phillips.
Phillips is directing from a script he co-wrote with Scott Silver, While plot details are largely unknown, the stand-alone is supposed to be set in Gotham City in the early 1980s, and will be moderately budgeted and darker than the studio’s other DC-based movies, known as the DC Cinematic Universe.
Maron was most recently seen in the second season of Netflix’s popular ’80s wrestling comedy. He also starred in the streamer’s dramedy series Easy and his 2017 special Marc Maron: Too Real. He is the host of the popular podcast WTF With Marc Maron.
Maron is repped by ICM Partners and Avalon Management.
Variety first reported the news.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day