- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Orchard has acquired the distribution rights to Ghost Team in North America, U.K., Australia and New Zealand.
Ghost Team follows the paranormal obsessed Louis (Jon Heder) as he puts together a ragtag team bent on discovering what lies beyond.
Melonie Diaz, Justin Long and Amy Sedaris also star in the supernatural comedy, which was directed by Oliver Irving and written by Peter Warren.
“When you pair a script this hilarious with a cast this funny, and bring talent like Oliver Irving to the table, it’s really a no-brainer for us,” said Paul Davidson, The Orchard’s senior vp film and TV. “We’re thrilled to be involved with Ghost Team at this early stage and bring it to audiences next year.”
Julie Christeas and Schuyler Weiss produced the film, with Alex Sagalchik, Clem McIntosh, Kevin Iwashina and Irving acting as executive producers.
The deal was negotiated by Mark Bortz of Preferred Content and Marc Simon of Cowan, Debaets, Abrahams and Sheppard LLP on behalf of the filmmakers.
The Orchard recently announced acquisitions of Marcin Wrona’s Demon and the horror anthology Southbound.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day