- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Majors is set to be the adversary to Michael B. Jordan as he reprises his role as an embattled boxer in a movie that will also be Jordan’s directorial debut. MGM set a release date of Nov. 23, 2022, for the third installment of the rebooted Rocky series.
Tessa Thompson and Phylicia Rashad are also expected to reprise their roles for the new movie that is being written by Keenan Coogler and Zach Baylin based on an outline by Ryan Coogler. Ryan Coogler and Stephen Caple Jr. directed the first and second films, respectively, which punched their way to almost $400 million at the worldwide box office between them.
Majors plays Atticus “Tic” Freeman in HBO’s Lovecraft Country and was onscreen in Spike Lee’s Da 5 Bloods. He also appeared in A24’s The Last Black Man in San Francisco, starring opposite Jimmy Fails, as the quiet, quirky Montgomery Allen, an artist and playwright living with his blind grandfather (Danny Glover) and capturing the city around him through his work.
Majors is repped by CAA and Management 360.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day