- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Manis Film has released the first trailer for Jonathan, starring Baby Driver and The Fault in Our Stars actor Ansel Elgort. In the sci-fi drama, Elgort’s character battles a disorder called single-body multi-consciousness that divides his mind into two personalities with disparate agendas.
The film, directed by Bill Oliver, also stars Matt Bomer, Sharp Objects‘ Patricia Clarkson as Jonathan’s doctor, and Suki Waterhouse as his girlfriend, Elena.
“How are things between you and John?” Jonathan’s doctor asks him during one of their visits, referring to his interior other half.
Jonathan communicates to his ulterior persona by recording himself on a video camera, where both halves of him recount their respective activities to each other.
“Work was good,” he tells his other self. “But I’ve been feeling a little tired lately. Have you?”
Though the pair seem to cohabit the same body in relative harmony, things begin to spiral out of control when one part of Jonathan learns that the other has a girlfriend. The final moments of the trailer see Elgort’s character warring with himself over who should love Elena.
“I don’t like it when the two of you aren’t getting along,” Clarkson’s character warns him. “It’s not safe.”
Jonathan hits theaters on Nov. 16.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day