- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The duo will partner to produce an adaptation of short story “Sinkhole” about a young family who moves into their dream home, except for the gaping sinkhole in the backyard. The sinkhole manages to take all things that are broken and destroyed and make them perfect again. But what if that thing is a person?
The announcement says the project “is a genre piece that engages on the question of female perfection and identity.”
Sinkhole is a potential star vehicle for Rae, who will be producing with Montrel McKay and Sara Rastogi for Rae’s Issa Rae Productions banner. Jordan Peele and Win Rosenfeld will produce for their Monkeypaw Productions.
Leyna Krow, the author of the short story, will exec produce along with Alex Davis-Lawrence of the literary journal Moss, where the story was originally published.
Sara Scott will oversee the project on behalf of the studio.
Rae recently worked with Universal on romantic drama The Photograph and comedy Little. She is repped by UTA, 3 Arts Entertainment and John Meigs.
Peele has a rich first-look film deal with Universal, which released his Oscar-winning hit Get Out. Under the deal, the studio released the filmmaker’s follow-up Us. Both Peele and Monkeypaw are represented by CAA and Morris Yorn.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day