- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
MADRID – Newly launched Spanish production house Puraenvidia Films announced Wednesday an unusual Spain-Russia co-production with Olymp Films for its upcoming thriller Fight Night, starring Spanish veteran Jose Coronado.
Producers Habacuc Rodriguez for Spain and Andrey Baturin for Russia, presently at the European Film Market looking for financing, will split the $3.1 million budget 70-30.
Russia’s Konstantin Krukov and Maria Kozhevnikova — along with Spaniard Juanma Lara — will round out the cast.
Shooting on the feature will start in Spain at the end of 2014, with an estimated Spring 2015 release.
Karo Films will handle distribution in Russia, while producers say they are in talks for Spanish distribution.
Fight Night uses the story of a family of four as a metaphor for the conflicted relationship between the power of the people and political power.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day