- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Henry Joost and Ariel Schulman, the filmmaking team known for the documentary Catfish as well as several of the Paranormal Activity movies, are directing the movie, which is eyeing an October start in New Orleans.
Mattson Tomlin penned the script (previously titled Power), a “heightened sci-fi action thriller” set in Portland during a drug epidemic. The drug in question gives people a range of superpowers.
Gordon-Levitt will play a cop whose job is to get the drug off the street, but realizes that the only way to fight the users is to take the drug himself.
Screen Arcade’s Bryan Unkeless and Eric Newman, who were behind the Will Smith action-fantasy pic Bright, are producing under their first-look deal with the streamer. Ray Angelic and Orlee Rose-Strauss are executive producing.
Foxx will next be seen in Robin Hood, due out Nov. 21, and is currently filming the wrongful-conviction drama Just Mercy, starring opposite Michael B. Jordan. He is repped by CAA and LBI.
Gordon-Levitt, who is repped by WME and Jackoway Tyerman, can next be seen in the indie thriller 7500.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day