- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The project is a favorite of Columbia Pictures co-president Michael De Luca‘s; he was a producer on it before taking his Sony post. DeLuca, who will remain a producer on Turismo, will oversee with newly arrived vp Matt Milam.
See more Hollywood’s 100 Favorite Films
Dana Brunetti, Josh Bratman, DeVon Franklin and Elizabeth Cantillon are producing with DeLuca.
Plot details are being kept deep in the pit but at 2013’s Gamescon Kazunori Yamauchi, the lead designer of the Gran Turismo series, reportedly said it would center on a video game player turned racer.
That, however, was when the project had a script by Alex Tse. Sources tell Heat Vision that Kosinski will be developing a new script with the studio.
See more Highly Paid Film Stars
Kosinski has been itching for a racing movie for a while. The director spent a couple of years developing a movie based on Go Like Hell: Ford, Ferrari and Their Battle for Speed and Glory at Le Mans, written by A. J. Baime, for Fox. Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise were circling, but ultimately the project spun off the track and Kosinski moved on.
Kosinski is repped by CAA and attorney David Matlof from Hirsch Wallerstein.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day