- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Brolin joins Joseph Gordon-Levitt as faces to the Sin City roll call, which sees Mickey Rourke, Jessica Alba, Jaime King and Rosario Dawson among those returning.
Jamie Chung is replacing Devon Aoki and Dennis Haysbert has replaced the late Michael Clarke Duncan for the sequel.
Brolin will star as Dwight, a part played by Clive Owen in the 2005 first Sin City movie.
“Dwight is a constant character throughout the Sin City world, and A Dame to Kill For is a defining episode in his life,” said Rodriguez and Miller in a statement. “We’re looking forward to Josh’s take on Dwight.”
The movie is shooting in Rodriguez’s Troublemaker Studios in Austin.
The storyline involving Dwight was one the more fondly remembered threads of Miller’s Sin City comic mini-series, published in the 1990s by Dark Horse. It centered on a photographer who falls back into the life of a beautiful woman named Ava who had left him years earlier for a wealthy man, only to see himself set up for the murder of her husband.
The part of Ava is the last major role yet to be cast.
Dimension is releasing the movie Oct. 4 in the U.S. and Canada. Producing are Rodriguez’s Quick Draw Productions, Aldamisa, AR Films, Miramax and Solipsist.
Brolin is repped by CAA and Ziffren Brittenham.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day