- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Josh Lucas and his wife, Jessica Ciencin Henriquez, welcomed their first child on June 29.
Their son, Noah Rev Maurer, weighed in at 9 lbs. 4 oz. in a New York City hospital, Lucas’ rep confirmed to People.
Lucas announced their engagement on The Tonight Show With Jay Leno in January. It seemed as if fate (or a mountain lion) brought them together while filming in Big Sur, California.
While filming the movie, the couple stayed in an “eco-resort” in the mountains in Big Sur. On a hike at 4 a.m. one night, Lucas found himself alone in the dark, faced with a mountain lion.
“I hear, totally serious, two big breaths, and six feet above me, I see the very slight glint of the eyes of a huge mountain lion and I literally proceed to do what I had just read in the instructions,” Lucas told Leno. “I started screaming and yelling and literally being as crazy as I could be. It padded off and just slowly went away and I worked my way into the trailer and I got in and I decided at that moment that this woman was the woman for me.”
The couple wed at the Conservatory Garden in New York City on March 15. Henriquez is a writer.
This is The Firm star’s first marriage and child. He has recently completed films Stolen and Big Sur.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day