- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Judd Apatow is Tweeting about Megan Fox joining his next comedy, as The Hollywood Reporter first confirmed Wednesday.
The director first re-Tweeted a report about his upcoming comedy, a spin-off of his 2007 hit Knocked Up that will also have Leslie Mann and Paul Rudd reprising their roles as a married couple.
Then Apatow re-tweeted a fan that wrote, “i am SO excited to see Megan in your film. it is such an interesting choice alongside rudd and your wife but i love this idea!!”
Fox is currently in negotiations to join the Universal film. Her role is being kept under wraps.
Apatow described the film in January to HitFix.com: “It is just a story from Pete and Debbie’s current life. People really responded to their characters and problems. I felt like there was a lot of ground I could explore with them, so we’ll be shooting in July and will come out the following June. There are some fun details yet to reveal but I will let them come out slowly.”
The Apatow picture marks a return to the studio world for Fox who recently wrapped Friends With Kids with Jon Hamm, Kristen Wiig and Adam Scott for Jennifer Westfeldt, who wrote and directed. She was last seen in Passion Play opposite Mickey Rourke.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day