- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Dredd lives — but perhaps not for long.
While we’re all still waiting for a big-screen sequel to 2012’s Karl Urban vehicle, producer Adi Shankar has something new to satisfy fans’ hunger for new adventures in the futuristic city of Mega-City One: Judge Dredd: Superfiend, an “unofficial” animated spin-off based on one of the most popular storylines in the character’s 30-plus-year comic book history.
As the newly-released teaser for the project suggests, “Death is coming…” In this case, that’s meant literally; as can be glimpsed at the 0:09 point in the video, Superfiend brings in Judge Death, Dredd’s supernatural nemesis from the long-running series.
Judge Death first appeared in 1980’s 2000AD No. 149, created by Dredd co-creator John Wagner and artist Brian Bolland. The character has proven to be popular enough to carry his own series in both the British anthology comic and Dredd-centric spin-off Judge Dredd Megazine.
As evidenced by teaser images released online earlier this month, Judge Dredd: Superfiend will also feature appearances from other fan-favorite Dredd comic characters including Mean Machine Angel, whose last appearance outside of comics was in the 1990s Sylvester Stallone Judge Dredd movie.
Judge Dredd: Superfiend will launch Oct. 27.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day