- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Julia Roberts is set and Jennifer Aniston, Kate Hudson and Jason Sudeikis are in negotiations for Mother’s Day, an ensemble comedy to be directed by Garry Marshall.
Producing are Wayne Rice, Gulfstream Pictures’ Mike Karz and Kevin Frakes of PalmStar Media, which is financing the film.
The film will begin shooting in August and the project is out to buyers and distributors.
The project is in the vein of Marshall’s ensemble holiday-centric comedies Valentine’s Day and New Year’s Eve.
In this one, the lives of several mothers that intertwine as Mother’s Day approaches. The script was written by Anya Kochoff-Romano (Monster-In-Law) and Lily Hollander.
PalmStar Media’s Ankur Rungta is executive producing.
CAA, which represents Roberts, Aniston, Hudson and Sudeikis, will represent the film’s domestic distribution rights.
This is the fourth time that Roberts will work with Marshall, who first directed her to stardom with Pretty Woman. Their collaborations include Runaway Bride and Valentine’s Day.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day