- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Julianne Moore is in talks to play the villain in The Kingsman 2, the sequel to the Fox surprise hit that starred Colin Firth and Taron Egerton.
Matthew Vaughn is back in the director’s chair for the continuing adventures of a wayward tough (Egerton) from the wrong side of London who is taken in by a suave and sophisticated agent (Firth) and, a la Pygmalion, is turned into the best and brightest of operatives.
Egerton is back with the action said to move from London to the States.
Firth is not due to come back at this stage (his character died in the first movie and there was initial talk of finding ways to return the actor to the roll call, whether via flashback or even a twin brother, but those ideas were discarded, according to sources).
Details for Moore’s character were not revealed but it is understood that she will be the piece’s bad guy, if a deal is made. The Oscar-winning actress is juggling several projects, including Todd Haynes’ adaptation of kids book Wonderstruck, and scheduling conflicts could be one obstacle.
The movie is heading toward a May start for what will be a summer shoot.
Moore, who won an Oscar last year for Still Alice, last appeared The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 2 as the scheming President Coin.
She is repped by CAA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day