- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Before she was taking on the role of President Alama Coin, Julianne Moore was just a fan of Suzanne Collins‘ The Hunger Games books.
The actress is scheduled to report to the Mockingjay set this week, where she will play the leader of District 13, who clashes with Jennifer Lawrence‘s Katniss Everdeen. The final story in Collins’ trilogy will be broken into two films, both helmed by Francis Lawrence, chronicling the uprising against the Capitol’s tyrannical regime.
Moore gushed of the YA series: “They’re amazing stories.”
Production on Mockingjay is already underway in Atlanta, and the first of the two-part finale is scheduled for release on Nov. 21, 2014.
Meanwhile, the second installment in the Lionsgate franchise — Catching Fire — is slated to hit theaters on Nov. 22, 2013.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Many Saints of Newark