- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
After 22 years, it’s time for more Jumanji.
The first trailer for Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle shows off the major change this movie has from the Robin Williams original: rather than animals (and a bad guy hunter) coming into our world, four teenagers are sucked into the world of the game. (And this time around, it’s a video game, rather than a board game).
Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart, Jack Black and Karen Gillan star in the film, which sees the teenage characters assume avatars (portrayed by the actors) when they enter the videogame world of Jumanji.
That video game twist helps explain Gillan’s skimpy outfit, which caused controversy when the first photo from the film was released, but Johnson had promised there was a good reason for.
The footage received a rave reaction when it first screened at CinemaCon in March, where Johnson promised the film would be a “big” and “global” homage to the first Jumanji and recalled meeting the late Williams years earlier at the Las Vegas convention.
Sony’s Jumanji is from director Jake Kasdan and opens Dec. 20.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day