- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A new trailer for Dwayne Johnson’s Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle dropped Wednesday and offered some good laughs and intense animal senses.
The film stars Johnson, Kevin Hart, Jack Black and Karen Gillan — all playing avatars for teenage characters who entered the video game world of Jumanji.
Johnson’s avatar, true to form for the massive former pro wrestler, has no weaknesses in the game, whereas Hart’s avatar has a weakness for cake, which delivers one of the bigger laughs in the almost three-minute spot.
There is also a jumpy moment with a large cobra, showing the film will have the same hair-raising animal moments as the Robin Williams’ original. Johnson has said the late Williams will be honored in the film.
Sony’s Jumanji is from director Jake Kasdan and produced by Matt Tolmach and William Teitler. The film opens Dec. 20.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day