- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Juno Temple is joining the cast of Maleficent, Disney’s live-action retelling of the Sleeping Beauty fairy tale.
Angelina Jolie is playing the title character in the fantasy that tells the story from the point of view of the fairy-witch who cursed Aurora to a permanent sleep on her 16th birthday. Robert Stromberg is directing.
Elle Fanning already is on board as Aurora and Sharlto Copley is Stefan, the half-human and half-fairy bastard son of the human king. Also in the cast are Imelda Staunton (Vera Drake), Miranda Richardson (Harry Potter), Kenneth Cranham (Made in Dagenham), Sam Riley (Brighton Rock) and Lesley Manville (Another Year).
Temple would join Staunton and Manville as the three pixie fairies in the classic fairy tale who are tasked with taking care of Aurora in the cottage in the woods. Temple will play Thistletwit, who — like the other pixies, Knotgrass and Flittle — is neglectful and superficial.
The movie is shooting this summer in London.
Temple, repped by UTA and Troika, will appear in this summer’s Batman sequel, The Dark Knight Rises, and is one of the stars of William Friedkin‘s Killer Joe, which just screened at the Cannes Film Festival. She recently wrapped Magic Magic opposite Michael Cera and Emily Browning.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day