- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Colin Trevorrow, who is prepping for the June 12 release of Jurassic World, has signed on to direct Book of Henry for Sidney Kimmel Entertainment.
SKE will independently finance and co-produce the film with Double Nickel Entertainment.
Plot details are being kept on the shelf, but the script is an original work by Gregg Hurwitz, the author behind such books as Tell No Lies, You’re Next and Don’t Look Back. He also has written comics for Marvel and DC.
Sidney Kimmel will produce, along with Double Nickel’s Jenette Kahn and Adam Richman. SKE’s Carla Hacken and Jim Tauber are executive producers.
SKE is high on the project and hopes to begin shooting September in New York.
Trevorrow (repped by Verve, 3 Arts Entertainment and attorney Lev Ginsburg) gained attention for his smart, sci-fi-tinged Safety Not Guaranteed, which led him to Universal’s hot franchise player Jurassic World.
This is the second project he’s become associated with in the months prior to the movie’s release. Earlier in March, THR revealed that Trevorrow is co-writing and slated to direct Intelligent Life for DreamWorks.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day